The Birdfoot Festival values each of its donors, volunteers, and patrons and is committed to protecting their privacy. This commitment is reflected in how Birdfoot obtains and uses the information that you share. The information that Birdfoot collects includes: name, address, telephone number, email address, donor comments, events attended and donation amounts, information submitted through the Birdfoot Festival website (birdfootfestival.org), annual mailings, and email addresses collected at events.
Tax laws in the United States and the State of Louisiana require Birdfoot to keep contact information and contribution amounts of donors on file. Birdfoot will never sell, trade, rent, or share donor information. Donor names will appear in the annual Birdfoot Festival program unless you request in writing that you prefer to remain anonymous.
Birdfoot uses contact information (name, email, telephone number, and address) of our donors for the purpose of:
• Sending Birdfoot newsletters to donors
• Informing donors of upcoming Birdfoot concerts and events
• General donor communication and fundraising mailings
• Internal record keeping
Donors may at any time:
• Request in writing that their name not be listed in the annual Birdfoot Festival printed program or to have their gifts or services listed as “anonymous.”
• Unsubscribe from future mailings, such as newsletters, concert, and event notices
• Request in writing to not receive mail solicitations in the future.
• Unsubscribe from receiving email in the future.
All donations given via credit card through the Birdfoot Festival website (birdfootfestival.org) are processed through Stripe (www.stripe.com), an accredited online payment processing service with world-class security and data privacy policies. Birdfoot does not have access to, or retain, credit card information for payments made through our website. Birdfoot does not retain credit card information for donations given by means other than through our website.
(Last updated April 2017)